Contact List CustomizationSupport

Last Updated:

1. buckguin

buckguin Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I am still in the process of learning and customizing this phone so there may be a famous app that takes care of this but I did a search and found nothing.

Im not a big fan of how the contact list shows friends from facebook/gmail/Phone. I only want it to show contacts that I have personally added on my phone. Is there a way I can arrange this. I have it to where it remembers phone contacts only when I hit contacts but as soon as restart, it goes right back to all contacts. It also comes up when I try to text someone or in the contact section of the dialer. I just dont like this. I dont mind that they are there, persay, but I dont want it to be default all the time. Is there a way to change this??

Advertisement
  2. Skeet

Skeet Well-Known Member

click where it says Contacts: All Contacts and then click on Phone Contacts, that will do the trick

3. ericnail

ericnail Well-Known Member

Yepp, there is an app that does this.

It's built into the phone :p

Go to "My Accounts" and select your Facebook account and remove it. Then re-add it and when it asks to sync contacts, select "No".

As far as GMail goes, thats what google uses to store the contacts. You can turn off google Syncing though and only have "Phone" contacts. However, if you do, then I reccommend turning on "Backup Assistant" (It's pre-installed and Free! if you register for a "My Verizon" account. (Which is also free (I just wanted to have a parentheses within a parentheses with a parentheses :D)))

_________
    Also,
    Should be moved to:
    Droid X - Support and Troubleshooting - Android Forums

4. buckguin

Thanks for the quick response but my problem is keeping it that way. It stays what way till I restart, then it goes right back to all contact. This option doesnt even exist, that I know of, in the dialer.

5. Leftyguy

Leftyguy Well-Known Member

Moved this thread to where it will receive more attention - Cheers

6. buckguin

I can deal with the google, its the facebook that really bothers me. Thanks, Im going to try your suggestions right now.

7. buckguin

Ok, I deleted facebook and then reinstalled it and it never gave me the option to sync or not. It just said that it was synced. Is there another set of options that controls this?

8. Dtatch

Dtatch Well-Known Member

Are you using the Blur facebook? With the one that comes stock with the Droid X it will automatically puke all your facebook contacts into your contact list. With the official facebook app I believe you have the option to control this. You would have to remove the blur facebook and get the official facebook app for android.

9. buckguin

I deleted the stock version of Facebook and then installed the official droid app and it got the names out of my contact but gives me no options to link people from my facebook list to my phone list.

Looks like I cant have my cake and eat it too...lol