Contact list in messages shows each contact twiceSupport

Last Updated:

1. pattih

pattih New Member This Topic's Starter

In my contacts list when I press the contacts button, I see each contact once. I have it set to only show contacts from my phone. When I go to send a text message and press contacts, my contacts are there multiple times, but I can't see any differences because they are named the same. For example, my son Adam shows up twice in the contact list in text messaging, but only once when I press contacts from my home page.

Please help!

Advertisement
  2. sremick

sremick Well-Known Member

When you go into Contacts and see the single contact, is it a linked contact?

I unlinked all mine and cleaned it up by making single phone contacts with multiple data fields in each, but if I remember correctly there's a little icon that appears on linked contacts and you can view the details by clicking the Menu option. You also have the option to unlink them so that you can then manually clean them up.

3. Endoran

Endoran Well-Known Member

I'm assuming you have your contacts synced with google? One is the contact on your phone the other is the same contact from your google account.

4. pattrickw

pattrickw New Member

I have the same problem since I had to exchange my phone and have unlinked them. Also, I loose contacts everytime I update the phone and always the same ones.... When I go to text message, I have double contacts even though they appear once in my phone book.

5. speedfreak32

speedfreak32 Well-Known Member

I deleted all the contacts from the phone and sim and just use google for my contacts. Works like a charm.