1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Contact list problems

Last Updated:

1. Hairy Weasel

Hairy Weasel Member This Topic's Starter

Hi.

My HTC Hero was delivered today and I am having problems with my contact list.

I have 500 plus names and numbers that have been transferred from outlook to the hero and they have come over in the same groups as in outlook but I need more than that.

On my windows based palm top (that I am hoping to replace with the hero) I can search for either a persons name or the name of the company they work for.
    about 400 of my contacts are work related and I might only use them once or twice a year and without being able to search for a company name I can not find them.
    it is further complicated because in a lot of cases a company name might have 3 or 4 different people under it.

Does anyone know of a contacts app or upgrade that would give me the functionality that I am looking for ?.

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. jimdroid

jimdroid Well-Known Member

3. Hairy Weasel

Hairy Weasel Member This Topic's Starter

The site for the ephone book seems to be down but I have just installed acontacts and it is excellent.

Thank you for your fast reply you have saved me a hell of a lot of messing around sending the phone back and looking for a new one.

4. jimdroid

jimdroid Well-Known Member

yw. I'd do almost anything to help a hairy weasel.