Contact management and pre-written textGeneral

Last Updated:

1. mshanks

mshanks New Member This Topic's Starter

Feb 3, 2009

Got my G1 the other day and so far loving it - can't keep my grubby mitts off it!

Have my own domain so set up google apps and then re-formatted the phone to go with it - all working nicely, especially now that I've set up the email with another gmail account so can run them both from it!

However, I have 2 questions that spring to mind:

Is there any way of modifying more detailed Contact information from the phone? (such as Group)

Is there any way (if it can be done, I'd assume it is with AnyCut but I've not had any luck so far) of having a shortcut on the desktop that will, when pressed, automatically send a text to a predefined number with a predefined message? (without having to do anything except literally just press that icon, or at the most confirm it)

Any help offered on either question is greatly appreciated :)

Edit- another question - when I receive an email to my main address (the hosted domain that the phone is tied to) I get the '@' notification. However, when I receive an email to the second account (a standard gmail account), I don't get a notification (but the phone does vibrate/make noise) - is this intended/known bug/unusual behaviour?