Contact Management - HTC People QueriesSupport

Last Updated:

1. Bradden

Bradden Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi

My wife has been playing with her new phone and needs some help with contact management.

1, How can she keep the telephone contacts separated from her facebook contacts.
    Currently when she presses the phone button from her home page it seems to show all contacts. However when she goes to HTC People it is set to only show phone contacts not facebook contacts.

2, When you have facebook contacts how do you delete them? Do you have to remove them as a friend?

I've changed my phone number on my facebook profile but it still shows on my wife's desire as my old number. She's tried removing me as a friend and re-adding me and it's still wrong.

Can someone help?

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. DaSchmarotzer

DaSchmarotzer Blame it on me VIP Member

Thread moved as requested.

Good luck with your issue.

3. xeeshan

xeeshan New Member

I am interested in the answer to this query.

Hope I am not being incredibly stupid here but where have you moved this thread?

4. Zaichik

Zaichik Well-Known Member

Just to add another query to the pot:

When you link Facebook contacts to Google and phone contacts, the displayed contact seems to default to the person's Facebook picture, rather than any which are stored on the phone. This is fine when the contact actually has a Facebook picture, but it results in the contact having no picture if they don't have one on Facebook. There doesn't seem to be any way to change the picture on a linked contact.

Is there any way round this?

5. Shazbat

Shazbat Well-Known Member

I'm also interested in the answer to the original query.
    In answer to Zaichick, I'm not bothered about syncing people to their Facebook accounts so I just un-link them from the Facebook setting (in People). Although that said, some of them still have their last Facebook status update showing even though I don't have them synced to Facebook.

6. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

"People" is the phonebook. You can hit menu>view and select what you want to see there. The phone button goes to the dialer which shows call history followed by all contacts. There is no way of changing this. I'm not even sure why they have put them there.

Maybe a substitute dialer (perhaps dialer one) has more options as to what is displayed?!

In regards to the facebook phone number issue, can you force a "sync now" of facebook contacts from Accounts and sync settings?

Regarding facebook pictures, in a contact (not sure if you need to be in edit mode) you can touch the picture / name of the contact and select where the contact picks up its picture and name from.

There is a bug for some people where it reverts back to the default you don't want. If this happens, I found no reasonable work around to this and as a result, decided to no longer use HTC People.