Contact Management - New Contacts don't show

Do you display only a custom group for your contacts?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No - I show all

4 vote(s)
    100.0%

Last Updated:

1. keith5885

keith5885 Member This Topic's Starter

Hi Everyone, here is a real dilemma that I haven't quite found an answer for yet.

Here is what my Contacts look like in Gmail (See below). I imported phone numbers from old phone to the group "Phone Contacts" then got rid of old people and moved them to "Old Phone Contacts". I have it set to only show the 98 Phone Contacts in my contacts on the Droid. (Display Options - Only select "Phone Contacts") Then Facebook only updates those contacts. It was GREAT!

Then I tried to add a contact on the phone. New Contact --> then selected my google account to add it to. It would then add it to "My Contacts" and not a specific group. So when I go to my contacts in the phone i do not see the new contact because it is not in the "Phone Contacts" group.

See the problem? I tried to see if I could add the new contact to the group on setup of the contact. Nope. Any ideas on how best to do this? It is a real bummer.

652 My Contacts
    0 Friends
    0 Family
    0 Coworkers
    269 Old Phone Contacts
    98 Phone Contacts
    4 Starred in Android
    --------
    990 All Contacts
    20 Most Contacted

Advertisement
  2. keith5885

I also want to note that for Voice Dialer it will look at all my other contacts as well.

Right now it looks like i just need to get rid of all my old GMAIL contacts and just have the 98 in there.

3. keith5885

Bump - Seriously no one has anything to say about this? Or is it talked about other places? I didn't see mention to it much.

4. PittCaleb

PittCaleb Well-Known Member

I have a shade over 400 people in my all contacts. This includes, as you have noted, people who I have only e-mail, only voice and 140 facebook only information (which may or may not contain e-mail, phone or both).

My theory is with 400 ppl, 3 letters of a name and I'm down to a quickly manageable set of people to send an email, txt or to phone. Until I find it insanely difficult, I'll just live with it this way. I have started to "star" my top calls - I'll probably end up with a list of 20-30 people in there and from then on, simply scroll through the starred list (a tapable tab) rather than have to type.

It's only day 6 and really, day 2 for me with all my contacts merged and de-dupped, so ask me again in a week and I'll let you know. I can see creating a new group and labeling 100-150 people as "Droid Contacts" and only viewing that group. YMMV

PittCaleb