• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Contact Management...

W4LLY

Android Enthusiast
Nov 28, 2009
NYC
Alright, so I'm coming from using a non-smart phone. I'm used to my contacts being under a contacts setting/button/tangible thing.

I had my contacts transferred into Google Contacts, which now sync to my phone.

Is there a special way to have contacts actually on your SD card? Or do i just need to keep google sync on. I tried turning it off for battery purposes, but then all my contacts went away.

I've set up HTC People, but I still don't know how to like just view my contacts, or quickly add a new person.

Sorry if this is very newb, I just waited a really long time to get a smart phone, and the only one I've gotten to use has been an iPhone since i deal with them at work everyday.

I've set up HTC People, but I still don't know how to like just view my contacts, or quickly add a new person.

I don't think I know how to do this very efficiently either. To view contacts you can open the dialer and press menu and then select people. could be the fastest way to add a contact too without calling the number? Seems like a lot of work coming from a dumb phone though.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones