Contact Management...General

Last Updated:

1. W4LLY

W4LLY Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Alright, so I'm coming from using a non-smart phone. I'm used to my contacts being under a contacts setting/button/tangible thing.

I had my contacts transferred into Google Contacts, which now sync to my phone.

Is there a special way to have contacts actually on your SD card? Or do i just need to keep google sync on. I tried turning it off for battery purposes, but then all my contacts went away.

I've set up HTC People, but I still don't know how to like just view my contacts, or quickly add a new person.

Sorry if this is very newb, I just waited a really long time to get a smart phone, and the only one I've gotten to use has been an iPhone since i deal with them at work everyday.

Advertisement
  2. hrbib21

hrbib21 Well-Known Member

MyBackup will save them on your SD card and their server (they email you a password).

3. Garick

Garick Active Member

I don't think I know how to do this very efficiently either. To view contacts you can open the dialer and press menu and then select people. could be the fastest way to add a contact too without calling the number? Seems like a lot of work coming from a dumb phone though.

4. canrunin

canrunin Well-Known Member

i dont know if this would help but you put up the little icon that says people on one of your home screens,when you click on it your contacts pop up.not sure if they are saved on sd card or not. hope that helps

5. W4LLY

W4LLY Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

...that was so simple. Omg, you rock.

6. canrunin

canrunin Well-Known Member

i dont know about that but glad i could help.