• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Contact Manager App needed

urdrwho

Feb 20, 2012
I recently bought a tablet with an Android OS. I can not find one decent Contact Manger for it. Just keeping e-mail address with names is not a Contract Manager and that is the definition of the default android Contact Manager.

I know that it won't track everything like my current Contact Manger but I can export to Outlook. Then if I found a good Contact Manager APK I could transfer from the desktop Outlook to the Android Contact Manger.

Without a good Contact Manager the tablet is not much more than small appliance that can access the internet and play games.

Hm? I want it to do what must all good CM's do but because it is a tablet appliance I know the app can not be as robust as desktop CM's. Phone number storing a CM is not, seeing what friends are doing this weekend a CM is not. I am not an attorney but needed a robust CM and bought one called Timematters Law Office Software and Legal Matter Management | The Benefits of Time Matters

Possibly the new versions of TM can synch with a tablet but I am using an older version. To update would be something like $700 and to update just to have it synch with a tablet isn't in the cards. :(

Although Outlook Express isn't a CM and not the one I use, synching with Outlook Express would be great. I can synch TM to Outlook.

But what do YOU want the contact manager to do?

Dave

Upvote 0
This is a list of some of the things my desktop Timematters will do -

Contact & Client Management

Centrally manage and control access to all of the information about your clients and other parties involved in cases and matters.
Matter & Project Management

Organize, associate and track all contacts, documents, events, phone calls and other information associated with a case or matter

Upvote 0
... Although Outlook Express isn't a CM and not the one I use, synching with Outlook Express would be great. I can synch TM to Outlook.

How about Outlook? I use Oulook 2010 and sync that (with my phone). I can sync contacts/calendar/notes/tasks. I got the "top" version of Office 2010 via an educational shop here in the UK as my son is in school (qualifies apparently and it's way cheaper). This also comes with Business Contact Manager and I read somewhere that you sync that with Outlook to sync with your phone (tablet in your case). Though I've never tried it as I've no need for that functionality.

Might be worth a look.

Dave

Upvote 0
I found this one today. Seems rather robust and it has various ways to sync.

Sync contacts, calendar, tasks and memos with DejaOffice

It seems to be free --- so far. I think where they hope to make the money is on an app called Sync using CompanionLink (Recommended). I'm guessing they have an association because I think I found the link to dejaoffice at companion link.

Upvote 0
I found this one today. Seems rather robust and it has various ways to sync.

Sync contacts, calendar, tasks and memos with DejaOffice

It seems to be free --- so far. I think where they hope to make the money is on an app called Sync using CompanionLink (Recommended). I'm guessing they have an association because I think I found the link to dejaoffice at companion link.

You are correct - at CompanionLink we make both the PC sync software and DejaOffice, our mobile app. DejaOffice can be used independently of CompanionLink, though when combined it allows you to sync data from the computer to the mobile.

If you have any questions about how it all works, just let me know - I'm happy to help!

- David

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones