Contact ManagerSupport

Last Updated:

1. samaruf

samaruf Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I was wondering if there is a contact manager available for my Moment that is similar to iContact that was available on my Windows mobile 6.5 phone? The feature I'm looking for is a screen with all letters of the alphabet and I just single click on the letter to get all the contacts that start with the letter. I really don't like having to scroll through all the names to go down to "S" and "T".

Advertisement
  2. kzoo

kzoo Well-Known Member

Did you ever notice the little notepad looking thingy on the right side of the contact screen when you start to scroll? Very quick scrolling with a big letter to let you know where you are.

Also, open keyboard, go to contacts and start typing first or last name.

I too miss the contact search on my Palm Treo 800w, but am getting used to this.

3. samaruf

Yes, I use it but it still involves scrolling and sometime the letter goes by too fast. The nice thing about having ABCD..Z all on a grid was it just took one click to go the letter. It is really helpful if you have 500+ contacts.

4. chibucks

chibucks Well-Known Member

that actually sounds neat. let us know if you find anything that's similar... i'd be interested too.

5. samaruf

Ok, I found something that's not exactly what I was looking for, but very similar. The app is called StarContact. Instead of every letter in its own gridbox, you get 9 boxes with 3-4 letters each, just like the keys on a phonepad. If you want to call "John", touching J brings up every contact that has a "J" in it and then when you touch "O", all names that start with or have JO in it will be listed. Typically two touch max and I'm looking at the name I want to call. Much easier and better than fast scroll.

6. kzoo

kzoo Well-Known Member

7. samaruf

Yeah, have to wait until Sprint updates the Moment to 2.1 before I can get Gesture. Until then StarContact is actually working very well for me.