Contact mapping app

1. JLeslie

JLeslie Well-Known Member

My brother-in-law has an app on his iPhone that will look through his contacts and then display a map (range of map set by the user) showing where the contacts addresses are relative to his location. He uses it a lot for his business.

This seems like a very useful app and I was wondering if there is anything like that for Android yet.

Advertisement
    :
  2. LouWags

LouWags Well-Known Member

3. Harry2

Harry2 Well-Known Member

My HTC phone has a build-in map's location button with each contact (if there is an address) in the stock contacts app.

Harry
  4. GPSJoe

GPSJoe Active Member

Google also has Google Latitude, which is build into the Google Maps app.

It works as a layer in Google Maps that displays where all your Latitude friends are on the map. The downside to is that you have to friend people in Latitude for it to work and they have to set up their location settings a certain way for you to know where they are in real-time.

Its much better for family and (really) close friends than for business contacts since the location information is available in real time.
  5. JLeslie

Yes that's not really what I'm looking for. Besides I won't use Latitude or any apps like it. I don't care to broadcast my location wherever I go.
  6. JLeslie

I never thought about that since my last phone didn't have that and I'd not heard of that feature. I tried tapping on the address of a contact and voila it asked me which app I wanted to use to display the location. So there's my solution for now. Though it doesn't show a map around me showing where contacts within a certain range live, I'll do with this for now. Thanks for the idea!
  7. JLeslie

That looks like what I was describing. I wasn't expecting the price it's listed for so I'll just keep it in mind for down the road. I do appreciate your doing that search, I should have realized something could be there since the last time I looked which was as couple of years a go.