Contact person details...

Last Updated:

1. tenzion

tenzion New Member This Topic's Starter

I have just bought myself a HTC Hero, but there's a thing I can't figure out.

On a specific contact person that is categorized under the "phone" (not google, exchange or anything else) listing, is it possible to enter more than one cell phone number for instance??
    On the other hand, it seems to be possible to enter more than 1 home phone number for instance - also more than 1 work phone number....

Is this correct? Is there any way around this other than entering a new entry for this person with just the missing cell phone number?

Advertisement
  2. jaybea830802

jaybea830802 Well-Known Member

If you open your Contact Card, then go to Menu|Edit, there is an option to Add at the bottom of the screen (you may need to hide the keyboard). Select Phone, Mobile and enter the number and Save. This works for me - I have 2 mobile numbers.

J

3. daveybaby

daveybaby Well-Known Member

Not here... you can add multiple home numbers or work numbers, but only one mobile number. Once you have one mobile number in the contact card, mobile is not an option when you try to add a phone number.

4. jaybea830802

Strange. I tested it before posting. Which ROM version? I am using the generic HTC Rom 2.73.405.38. I now have 3 mobile phone numbers, having added a couple to test. Under Phone I have Home, Mobile, Work and Work Fax as label options.

J

5. daveybaby

daveybaby Well-Known Member

Try with a contact other than yourself... i think your own contact card is a special case for some weird reason :confused:

6. longhornchica05

longhornchica05 Active Member

how can you edit a contact? i keep trying to and it ends up dialing the number... next... how can i delete a number i've dialed from the call log?!
    i just got my hero yesterday and have been trying to figure this out since last nite!

7. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

Select the contact in People, then Menu - Edit

Long-press on the number, select Delete from the pop-up menu.

8. longhornchica05

longhornchica05 Active Member

aahh thanks so much!!
    one more question... i noticed that when i linked it to my facebook acct that every conversation i have thru text, my profile pic appears... i kinda dont like that... is there a way to take that off?

9. jaybea830802

That will be why then - for some reason I thought that the original post was asking about the personal contact card.:eek:

10. tenzion

No, this is not about my own contact in the phone, this problem also applies for all the other contacts in my phone.

I tried to enter a test person and I can't enter more than 1 mobile number there either.

I am running the 2.73.405.5 ROM (I am situated in Denmark, isn't there a special nordic version?)

jaybea830802: Where did you get the 2.73.405.38 ROM? Where are you situated?

11. tenzion

It seems that if you add a contact person under the "google" category it is actually possible to add more than 1 cell phone number, BUT if you add a contact person under the "telephone" category, it is only possible to add 1 cell phone number!!