contact photo id looks different after a while!!!

Last Updated:

1. big evo dog

big evo dog Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have a problem and not sure if any one have it too.
    I took a picture of my wife and set as contact photo. and i put her in my favorites widget, at first it was looking really clear and nice, but after like an hour or two when slide to favorites widget now look fuzzy and blurry. but when i re-edit the picture it comes back clear again.
    and after a while it goes blurry again.
    what happen to it ? anyone know ???

Advertisement
  2. Mabster

Mabster Well-Known Member

I noticed kind of the same thing today too. Took a pic of my girlfriend, set it as her contact photo and put her under favorites. When I'm on the phone with her, the pic that replaces the android robot is all pixelated as if the photo is of bad quality. I took the pic at 8 mp.

3. Staychizzo

Staychizzo Member

Yeah i was having the same problem and found out it had to do with your contacts syncing with your google contact account. Apparently from research, its been an issue with android and Google accounts even before the EVO. I just went to settings and disabled the auto sync with my gmail account contacts, resign a pic and been fine since then. Hope it helps!! :confused:

Mabster likes this.
  4. Mabster

Mabster Well-Known Member

Staychizzo, so you're saying after the initial sync with gmail to get contact info to the phone, turn the contact sync off? If another contact is added to gmail then we have to re-sync and then fix all the photos again? Ouch, come on Google I thought you knew what you were doing!:rolleyes:

5. cooper1010

cooper1010 Well-Known Member

i think i can fix this for you guys. pm me all the photos of your wives and girlfriends, and i'll get back to you.

seriously though, i just noticed this last night. thanks for the research, staychizzo, but i think i'll suffer with low quality pics until they come up with a solution.

6. big evo dog

big evo dog Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I use the phone camara took picture not sync from Google. So it should be super clear but its still go blur after a while. Google or HTC needs to fix this!!!!

7. saecrow

saecrow Active Member

see post #4 in this thread. (it's not pretty, but it gets the job done)

8. sitlet

sitlet Banned