contact photo low res in phoneSupport

Last Updated:

1. dochobbs

dochobbs New Member This Topic's Starter

So I select a contact photo from a high resolution picture on the sd card. When that contact makes a call to me or I call them, the contact photo comes up on the phone app and is very low quality and almost pixelated. Not sure what I'm doing wrong, but I couldn't find a spot to change the resolution or quality. TIA

Advertisement
  2. Randino

Randino Well-Known Member

+1 I have the same problem....it's like it screws the picture up like a digital zoom would or something

3. CruiserC50

CruiserC50 Member

I have noticed the same thing. Anybody have a fix for this?

4. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

Try clearing out the cache. Most likely it's using a thumbnail of the photo and not the photo itself.

5. rossmathis

rossmathis Well-Known Member

How do you clear cache for the contacts?

6. sunthas

sunthas Well-Known Member

Interesting.

When you take a photo while in "edit contacts" mode after clicking on the camera icon, it takes a lower resolution image. But that shouldn't have any relation with the pixelation issue.

Anyone else figure out why this is happening?

7. jwm2

jwm2 Well-Known Member

It happens with all htc senseui enabled phones. The reason for it is to not create any lag on the dialer. It was a problem with the eris due to its slower processor and less ram. It just scales the pic down (makes a thumbnail) and then reenlarges it, which is why it looks so bad. But it does function as it should. I wouldn't spend any more time worrying about it or trying to fix it. Its something you only see for a split second before putting the phone up to your ear.

8. Mr Marcus

Mr Marcus Well-Known Member

The only time Ive had that happen is if I adjust (zoom) the little crop square that pops up when you set the pic. Did you make any adjustments to the pic as you were assigning it? Aside from moving the square areound to frame the image, try it without any other adjustments...... may work.

9. dochobbs

dochobbs New Member This Topic's Starter

I did resize the square on all of the pics. I'll try that. Interesting that the droid default pic isn't a thumbnail! :D
    Thanks for the replies.

edit:

not resizing the square seems to totally fix the problem