• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Contact photo on home screen

droidkevlar

Android Expert
Jan 28, 2010
Does anyone know how to update your photo for your contact when its placed on the home screen? Like I have peoples photos synced from facebook and it updates when I call the user but the photo on the home screen doesnt update. Am I missing something? Thanks in advance oh great ones.

You might have to remove it from your home screen and put it back on to update it. I've noticed alot of widgets unless designed to automatically update, don't unless posed to.

Ya, I know I can do that but its a pain in the ass as I dont want to have to do that every time they change their pic. But if it cant be done, I guess that is the only way if I want to update the pic. Maybe this is fixed in 2.1? Anyone that has installed the leak know of this?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones