Contact photos being assigned to random contactsSupport

Last Updated:

1. Salad

Salad Active Member

So I recently did the minor update available from T-Mobile's website. I backed everything up in a variety of ways before doing so.

Apparently I wasn't stringent enough and lost a rather important task list, but that's beside the point.

My main issue is that I backed up my contacts and SMSes using WaveSecure. What I did not know, however, is that this apparently butchers your contacts. Upon resyncing them, the only data I got back was nicknames and phone numbers. This means I've lost birthdays, email addresses, standard addresses, IM details, groups, contact pictures and notes.

On top of this, I can no longer reassign contact pictures. I can edit a contact, choose and crop an image and it'll show at the top of the edit screen, but as soon as I hit save, it returns to the default image. At first I thought it simply wasn't working, so I went and manually fixed all the contacts (it normally doesn't let you save contacts without a first name, so I thought this may be causing a discrepancy). Upon doing so, I realised that the pictures had been assigned, just to utterly random contacts. For example, whenever I try to assign a photo to my partner, her contact is left untouched and the photo is instead assigned to my 'Home' contact. It's not even like it's assigning it to a contact that is X number of contacts away in the list. Some assign the picture to the contact right next to them, others to contacts way down at the other end of the list.

I have found that I can make new contacts and assign photos to them without a hitch, so ultimately I could re-enter all of my contacts. However, I've already had to reconfigure all my personal settings on the phone and I really feel like it shouldn't have to come to that.

I've emailed WaveSecure via the market and I'm awaiting a reply. Considering perhaps emailing their support team as well.

In the mean time, if anyone can help me with this problem, I would be very grateful.