Contact Photos - Blurry/PixelatedSupport

Last Updated:

1. markketch

markketch Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Today I noticed that some of my contacts on my "Favorites" widget became extremely blurry. Two of them remain clear, and they both have the little Facebook logo in the lower left corner showing that they're linked. However, all of my favorites are linked, yet the other 7 do not have the "f" icon and they're all blurry. Has this happened to anyone else?

Advertisement
  2. 4ngi3

4ngi3 Well-Known Member

yes me too with my Deisre. Have you found a fix for it? its very annoying. this is such a great phone shame for the only downfall to be that the contact photos are blurry. even when you make a call to that person the big photo that ocmes up on the screen is really blurry.

3. markketch

No fix yet, and I still can't figure out why 2 of my contacts are crystal clear (those with the FB logo on the image), and the remaining contacts are blurry. All contacts are FB linked, and Gmail linking is disabled.

4. laflumboise

laflumboise Member

whew...I thought I messed something up on my phone. I am seeing the same thing, I have all my facebook contacts set up with their profile pic and the ones that are blurry are missing the little facebook logo in the bottom left corner when you look at their pic.

I switched back to the HTC launcher and removed a couple photo apps and did a soft reset, and the photos without the logo are still blurry. So I have no idea what it could be.

I have also tried unlinking and linking, even deleted the contact outright.

It does appear to be something being lost in translation from the HTC contact app.

5. Steel36

Steel36 Well-Known Member

are you sure the blurry ones aren't linked to Google? That's generally the source of all blurriness since Google's specs screw up the resolution to stupidly low values. I now have to load contact photos on the phone itself and then don't have it syncing w/ anything. That's been an issue w/ formally filed service complaints at google for over a year and they've done nothing.

6. markketch

100% certain.

7. markketch

Well, I'm not sure what I did exactly, but basically I

(1) Removed my Facebook account
    (2) Unchecked Sync Gmail (Sync Contacts was already disabled under sync settings)
    (3) I then re-added my Facebook account and linked any misc. accounts that didn't sync up
    (4) Checked Sync Gmail

Result: All contact pictures now have the FB icon and are clear.

Not sure why, but it seems to have worked. For now.

8. laflumboise

laflumboise Member

that worked, now to try and figure out what the hell happened.

9. markketch

Sometimes questions are better left unanswered :cool: