Contact photos disappearing! (and some updated!!)Support

Last Updated:

1. Rainbow Snake

Rainbow Snake Active Member This Topic's Starter

For my closest contacts, I use the People widget that shows a "big" thumbnail photo for each contact. Most of my contacts are set to display their Facebook profile photo, and yes I'm one of the ones who has complained to HTC about it not updating.

However, a couple of days ago I noticed my Dad's picture had gone missing. He's not on Facebook, but his photo is synced to his Google Account picture. But now there's just the standard grey "no photo" icon. He definitely hasn't updated his photo, it's still there in Google Talk.

Just today I've noticed that 4 more people on this small contact list have also lost their photos. Weirder still, those contacts all have their picture set to Facebook ...

I've just run a "sync all" on my Desire and only one of those contact photos came back. A few still show the "no photo" icon.

Even weirder, is that other contact photos on the list did update to the most recent Facebook photo!! Weird. I'll keep track to see if they update automatically. I don't have high hopes. (and my own profile pic still hasn't updated from a month ago)

(the sync all has also reset heaps of my contacts names back from their Google contact name to their Facebook or Google Account name ... very irritating)

Advertisement
  2. Sesqui

Sesqui New Member

I too have encountered this issue (on HTC Desire). A few days ago, around the same time I also had some Google Talk authentication problems affecting Android Market purchases, my Google Mail contact pictures vanished. I have 2 contacts the pictures for whom came from their linked googlemail accounts, both of which are now showing as the default icon. Cute as the waving Android undoubtedly is, he doesn't resemble either of the people in question :)

I have tried unlinking and relinking the phone and Google contacts, resyncing everything, and removing and replacing my 'People' widget. All to no avail. The photos are definitely still on the googlemail accounts and have not been changed.

Was this issue resolved?

3. Rainbow Snake

Rainbow Snake Active Member This Topic's Starter

No, this issue was never resolved for me.