Contact photos - help

Last Updated:

1. chris-w

chris-w New Member This Topic's Starter

I hope someone can help with this, hope the query isn't deemed too insignificant because it is an incidental thing but for me is an OCD that is driving me mad! :rolleyes:

I'm using my new HTC Desire, and basically I'm an organisational geek and have a photo for each of my contacts, as well as having most of them sync'd to their facebook page as well.

But when I link a contact to their facebook profile, the picture I chose then changes into their facebook profile picture... fair enough I thought, but I prefer my pictures because they're close up headshots.

So once linked to their facebook page, I click Menu > Link > Menu > Select contact photo > Phone, which basically gives them the photo I have of them instead of their Facebook profile picture.

BUT, everytime it runs a sync and a person has updated their profile, their photo changes back to the facebook profile picture.

Is there any way to resolve this and make my pictures of them their permanent pictures, whilst still being synced to facebook? You'd think with the option to "select contact photo" being there, that it would stick with your choice permanently.

Any info appreciated, thanks for staying with me if you've gotten this far!:)

Advertisement
  2. i VTAK

i VTAK Well-Known Member

I'm not sure how to do what you're asking. But I think you can pick any pic of them from thier albums, rather than the one they're displaying as profile. I don't know if it would revert back the same way though.

3. Dromineer

Dromineer Active Member

You go to People. Select the contact whose photo you need to edit.

You touch and hold the bar at the top which shows the name and photo (Count to about 5) and then let go, you will see the bar changing and you will see a drop down option at the photo-thumbnail.

Click on that thumbnail and then select the photo of your choice from the list of options

4. Dromineer

Dromineer Active Member

Ps. OP. Hope that works for u. Lol, posted last night, but database failed on me :(

5. compulsionnra

compulsionnra Member

I have the same problem. If you alter where it gets the picture from it automatically re-writes the picture with the facebook one whenever the person updates their facebook. This happens for me with an HTC incredible on verizon using sense. I am un-linking all contacts with facebook for now cause this drives me nuts.

6. torkildr

torkildr New Member

I think this actually is the same as if you choose "link" from the context menu, or press link in the upper right corner.

Either way, on HTC Desire, same problem here. Obviously a relatively easily reproducable bug.. Well.. One can hope it will be fixed at some point.

7. JaffaTheCake

JaffaTheCake New Member

I'm also getting this issue on my HTC desire. Anyone know if the bug's been reported to Google/HTC?

8. psxndc

psxndc New Member

Anyone know if there is a fix for this? It's pretty maddening to set my girlfriend's photo and have it keep switching back to here FB one.

(I have the Incredible FWIW)