Contact photos in stock text appSupport

1. Dave73

Dave73 Member

I have the Razr HD and was wondering in the stock messaging app in the conversation screen it shows the contact photo along with the message, is there anyway to remove the photo from the conversation list so you only see the text and not the photo, it just makes the screen a little busy and would prefer the option to remove it.

I can't seem to find any setting to change the display option so contact photos are not shown during messages.

Cheers

Advertisement
    :
  2. IHateMyTreo

IHateMyTreo Well-Known Member

In the stock text app, press the photo (not the text).
    Press the person icon in lower right corner of photo.
    Hit menu. Select edit.
    Click offending photo again.
    Click remove photo.Voila.
  3. Dave73

Dave73 Member

Thanks but thats not what I mean, I don't want to individually remove photos from certain contacts, which I think is what your suggesting, I wanted to know if there is a way that any texts I get from anyone no longer shows the photo or empty photo box, like the iPhone for example, just want it to show text bubbles and nothing else.

I am thinking there is really no customizing this app though. I am not really wanting to use another 3rd party sms app so if I can customise the stock one in anyway it would be good.

Cheers
  4. IHateMyTreo

Ah, I see. No, can't be done with stock. But Handcent can emulate iPhone and other custom formats. Its free and has additional features that are superior, such as a pop-up incoming text box that overrides your lock screen.
  5. Dave73

Dave73 Member

thanks again, may have to look at other apps by the sound of it, cheers
  6. jkmasi

jkmasi Well-Known Member

After loving the stock app on my SG3, I could not adjust to the app on my RMHD. I, too prefer not to have contact pics next to each message - how silly!

I used to use Handcent, but found it too bloated, same with GoSMS. Then I discovered Chomp, and was able to get just the look I want. Pics in the conversation list, but simple bubble style in the individual conversations.
  7. Dave73

Dave73 Member

I have installed chompsms, I like it but I cant work out how to have the chomp shortcut on the lockscreen rather than the stock icon. I have read you need to disable the stock app but I cant do that, all I have done is stop notifications but would like chomp on the lockscreen.

Any suggestions?
  8. IHateMyTreo

I can't help you with the first question, but as to double notifications, disable notifications from inside the stock app.
  9. Dave73

Dave73 Member

Ta, yep that works all good.

Seems the ability to disable the stock text app is no longer an option. SO no change to lockscreen shortcut but will keep chomp

Ta
  10. hansangb

hansangb Well-Known Member

So under Setting, Apps, All, Text Messaging, you don't have the option to "DISABLE" it?
  11. Dave73

Dave73 Member

No thats no longer an option, it's grayed out so you cant change it now.