• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help contact pic update

OK so I thought this worked all the way, but it only did part of it. If I go to my dialer and hit the contact tab, the new pictures show up from using SyncMyPix. However if I go in to the Contacts application and look at them this way nothing has updated. I checked by group as well Facebook and Google and all the pictures are still the same ones as when they started.

I noticed in settings on SyncMyPix that it has an option for Allow Google Sync that is grayed out, does that have anything to do with this?

Upvote 0
OK so I thought this worked all the way, but it only did part of it. If I go to my dialer and hit the contact tab, the new pictures show up from using SyncMyPix. However if I go in to the Contacts application and look at them this way nothing has updated. I checked by group as well Facebook and Google and all the pictures are still the same ones as when they started.

I noticed in settings on SyncMyPix that it has an option for Allow Google Sync that is grayed out, does that have anything to do with this?

I made sure the contact is named the same as the facebook name and then I linked them. This seems to work for me...:thinking:

I had to do this to fix what Kev is talking about. The names must match exactly how your facebook friends have set theirs up...hyphenated crap and all.:mad:

Upvote 0
I had the Facebook for Android app on my phone as well as Facebook set-up under my accounts. I went in and removed the account under my accounts and all of my pictures updated to the new Facebook pictures in all the contacts, the ones I added using SyncMyPix. However I lost all the contacts that I did not have on my Gmail account. I went in to the Facebook app and tried to find a way to use it to sync and could not, so I uninstalled, rebooted and reinstalled and still no way to link this to the contacts or have it add my facebook contacts. So I went in to My Accounts and reset-up my facebook account and everyone now has updated pictures. I will have to wait and see what happens when someone updates their picture to see if it changes, or if I will have to delete facebook from My Accounts and readd it get the pictures updated.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones