Contact Pics are Blurry?General

Last Updated:

1. Volsfan

Volsfan Member This Topic's Starter

Hopefully someone can help. All of the sudden all my contact pics are blurry when I place a call or recieve a call.:confused:
    Any suggestions?
    Thanks

Advertisement
  2. MolonLabe

MolonLabe Member

Mine does this as well.
    Pics look grainy, not focused.

3. Shakes The AssClown

Shakes The AssClown Active Member

This is because of the syncing with Google. You can stop the syncing and the pictures will be ok if you use them from the phone...but once you sync again...the pictures will be grainy. This is a known issue and hopefully fixed down the road.

4. andrizoid

andrizoid Well-Known Member

they randomly do that. they will re-focus themselves. ive noticed that since i got the phone, nothing to do with any of the leaks or anything. they will sporadically go in and out of focus, nothing you can do.

5. CrayzeeCarl

CrayzeeCarl Active Member

Yeah, that's just the incremental JPEG loading, I believe. The picture is stored several times in the file. The first copy is very blurry which makes it very small in size so it can be loaded very quickly, then it loads the finer versions.

andrizoid likes this.
  6. MolonLabe

MolonLabe Member

First question, if you got the pics from syncing with google and you turn the sync off will the pics stay on the phone ?
    Second, how do you turn the sync off ?

7. andrizoid

they should stay. after shutting off mobile network they still do, so i dont see why not. and to turn it off add the power control widget. it has toggles for wifi, bluetooth, gps, synching, and brightness

8. truelove79

truelove79 Well-Known Member

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was under the impression this was by design. The pics for contacts are compressed so they load faster when you make or receive a call.

9. andrizoid

think so too

10. rick311

rick311 Well-Known Member

i just reloaded them from the location they were originally loaded from. fixed the problem just fine.

11. Chopstick2U

Chopstick2U Well-Known Member

Don't turn off mobile network! Then you won't be able to access internet or anything at all. Go to Settings/Accounts & Sync. The safest option would be to uncheck "Auto-sync," so that nothing will update without your doing it manually. However, you could just go into your Facebook and Google accounts from that page and uncheck some boxes there.

Even after you do this, I imagine that your images might still be blurry the first time you call that contact. You have to call the same person two or three times before their new image comes in clearly.