Contact Picture QualityGeneral

Last Updated:

1. schmiffly

schmiffly Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I am sure this has been discussed but the Contact Picture Quality is horrible. I am using a High Quality picture but yet its fuzzy and pixelated.. Why?

Advertisement
  2. truelove79

truelove79 Well-Known Member

It doesn't matter how good the original picture is, when you make it a contact's picture, it will be compressed and look much worse. I assume it's because most people don't care, it takes up less space, and can be quickly loaded to RAM when a call comes in. The higher quality the picture is, the longer it will take to load to RAM and show on the screen when you make or receive a call.

3. cevMkV

cevMkV Well-Known Member

has anyone noticed when you make or receive a call from a particular person that the caller id photo is fuzzy as stated above, however if that person calls you right back or you dial them right back the photo is in a higher resolution? it is a strange bug i noticed.

4. rentjr

rentjr Well-Known Member

I have read that when Google syncs your contact photos it reduces the picture to 90x90 px to fit in gmail and re-syncs the smaller pictures to you phone, which is then made larger than 90x90 when it displays on your caller ID. I haven't stopped Google sync to see if this is true though, I just know that this issue has been discussed before.

5. srem

srem New Member

its a shame the pics look terrible on people widget (desire). i think it uses the same small size when synced. cant think of a way round this!?

6. smacky

smacky Banned

Are you running 2.1? Look for a thread I started titled "I knew something was up."
    It has links to the reasoning behind it and we're not sure if it'll ever be fixed for the Eris, at least.

7. mojohand

mojohand New Member

Hi,

I had the same problem with the Aria.. I could not figure out why some contact pics looked good on incoming calls and some looked poor and pixelated. I discovered that how I assigned the pic to the contact mattered.

If I went into Gallery or Quick Pic for that matter, opened a pic and then assigned it to a person on my contact list it would be of poor quality in terms of the incoming call contact pic.

If I went into Go Contacts or People (depending on app), clicked edit contact and then assign/edit contact pic (this action will open up Gallery for you to select the right pic) I found that when I received an incoming calls the contact pic looked fine...

Hope this works for anyone else with this issue....

8. Chopstick2U

Chopstick2U Well-Known Member