Contact Picture Question

Last Updated:

1. jdawg0024

jdawg0024 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So I have all my contacts on my Hero synced with Google, however, when I take a Pic with my phone and save it to a Contact it does not go to Google. I recently had to put my phone back to stock (to take in for warranty) and when I synced all my contacts back I lost 1/2 of my contact pictures. (the other half I had changed while logged into my gmail account). Is there a setting that I am missing?

Edit: Just confirmed that the DROID will send the pictures to gmail when taken from phone and set as a contact picture. Is this an Android 2.0 feature?

Advertisement
  2. BSki

BSki Well-Known Member

Possibly something new with 1.6 and up.

I have 2.1 loaded to play with, and the contact sync was definatly different. It wouldn't find my groups so I didn't want to force anything to mess it up.

3. jdawg0024

So if you take a pic, with your phone, and set it to a contact does it show up I'm gmail?

4. BSki

BSki Well-Known Member

Dont know, there isn't a 2.1 release for the Hero yet. The beta one doesn't seem to jive well with contact sync

5. jdawg0024

So Google is f*&^ing with me now. I took a pic of a co-worker and set it as their contact pic. I came home and logged on to gmail to set their contact pic via the computer, and the damn pic was already there, I guess now my phone is doing it we will see if it stays this way.

6. Chief7

Chief7 Well-Known Member

Hey, I'm pretty new at this android / Google thing, too - but I've noticed that a lot of the sync things are instantaneous. It seems like it sometimes takes a while. Maybe it's because I was accustomed to the BB push feature, but I'm getting that I don't panic if I don't see an appointment that I entered on the phone show up on my Google or Outlook calendar immediately. I just check back later and there it is! :p

7. BSki

BSki Well-Known Member

Yea, just noticed that mine is synching both directions.