• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help contact picture wont show up when place a call?

I am new to both android and NeXus One. I have pictures for my contacts. when i place a call, the picture of that contact wont show up in the box; it has the green robot instead. when i end my call, the picture shows up for one second.. is it a software problem, or android just does it that way? :(

On my Nexus, when I make a call it shows a big green phone icon while it's ringing, then when they pick up (by which time you might have the phone to your ear) it changes to their picture. Is that what you're seeing?

yeah,that's the thing. doesnt it show the picture at the beginning? I think it should show the picture throughout the whole stage..

Upvote 0
I noticed this very same thing last night: dialed- no pic, looked back down during call- there it was. I'd certainly prefer it to show immediately.

Speaking of contact pics (that are also FB contacts), I've also noticed that if you previously had saved pictures for them and delete that pic, it will default to their FB profile pic. I found that interesting especially since over time many of my contact pics had become pixelated through use over different platforms- Apple, Google, Blackberry, Google, etc.

Upvote 0
it's interesting that you guys are discussing this issue, as i have pointed it out in my latest post about android just before this thread started. i feel your frustration; i spent hours downloading my contact pics (many are not on facebook) only to realize that android cannot do it properly.

you'd think that such a basic trivial task would be perfected by 1.5 year old OS that comes from the world's most prominent internet company.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones