contact picture wont show up when place a call?Support

Last Updated:

1. w00yee

w00yee Active Member This Topic's Starter

I am new to both android and NeXus One. I have pictures for my contacts. when i place a call, the picture of that contact wont show up in the box; it has the green robot instead. when i end my call, the picture shows up for one second.. is it a software problem, or android just does it that way? :(

Advertisement
  2. anotherfandroid

anotherfandroid Banned

welcome to android my friend....

3. w00yee

4. w00yee

somebody please help~ it is depressing that a great phone cant show the picture correctly :(

5. olilan

olilan Active Member

On my Nexus, when I make a call it shows a big green phone icon while it's ringing, then when they pick up (by which time you might have the phone to your ear) it changes to their picture. Is that what you're seeing?

6. MartinS

MartinS Well-Known Member

Have you got your contacts in sync with Facebook? All my Facebook contact pictures show as the phone rings.

I don't have any set another way.

7. w00yee

yeah,that's the thing. doesnt it show the picture at the beginning? I think it should show the picture throughout the whole stage..

8. JSchu22

JSchu22 Well-Known Member Contributor

I noticed this very same thing last night: dialed- no pic, looked back down during call- there it was. I'd certainly prefer it to show immediately.

Speaking of contact pics (that are also FB contacts), I've also noticed that if you previously had saved pictures for them and delete that pic, it will default to their FB profile pic. I found that interesting especially since over time many of my contact pics had become pixelated through use over different platforms- Apple, Google, Blackberry, Google, etc.

9. anotherfandroid

anotherfandroid Banned

it's interesting that you guys are discussing this issue, as i have pointed it out in my latest post about android just before this thread started. i feel your frustration; i spent hours downloading my contact pics (many are not on facebook) only to realize that android cannot do it properly.

you'd think that such a basic trivial task would be perfected by 1.5 year old OS that comes from the world's most prominent internet company.