contact pictures all fuzzy and blurry on evo4gSupport

Last Updated:

1. DaGoTTi

DaGoTTi Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

i have read a few threads, but they arent saying the evo4g is having this problem. but mine is. i imported my contacts from my outlook and all the images are coming up blury when i receive calls and make them.

also, a lot of the images on my contacts arent even showing up on the phone, but i see them in the outlook actually it looks like the weemee images i was using when i had my iphone arent loading, but regular images are....

anyways, for the regular images from the outlook sync to the phone, is there a way to get them clearer?

Advertisement
  2. DaGoTTi

anyone?

3. v01rider

v01rider Well-Known Member

you have to resize them. i had this problem when i used a smaller pic for a contact. not sure the pixel size. choose a bigger picture.

4. DaGoTTi

choose a bigger picture? the picture is already quite large. what is the recommended size?

5. Intel

Intel Member

When you sync contacts with your gmail, google automatically resizes the photos to a smaller size.. That is why you see them come up blurry, there is a way around this but involves a decent amount of steps. I read a thread of the tutorial somewhere on XDA so check out around there to see if you can find it.

6. DaGoTTi

7. DaGoTTi

i redid the pictures on my phone with the method i wrote in the how to, and just now i went to my favorites page on the phone and the pictures went from clear to distorted. now all the pics are blurry again. they were clear for a few days and just now boom....whatsup with this? is there a bugs reporting tool for evo or the phone on a website or something? kinda annoying.

8. vivekcsekhar

vivekcsekhar New Member

Hi all,

I was experiencing the same problem with my facebook contact profile pics on my HTC Incredible S. That's when I noticed that one of my contacts had a clear profile pic. It was a friend of mine who had a Facebook for HTC Sense profile linked on my phone. Then I tried synchronizing all my contacts with Facebook for HTC Sense. N it seems to have solved the problem.

I am not sure if this solves the issue if you have chosen Google profile pics as the default in People.

Good Luck guys,
    Vivek

Rxpert83 likes this.