Contact Pictures when making calls/getting callsSupport

Last Updated:

1. KGBWOLF

KGBWOLF Active Member This Topic's Starter

I have specific pix assigned to each of my friends and family for their contact picture; however when they call me or i call them the picture that is displayed is blury!!! but in reality the picture in the photo gallery is crystal clear... Anyone else having that problem?? Kind of annoying! :mad::mad:

Advertisement
  2. KGBWOLF

Anyboddyyy?????

3. Needz_Android

Needz_Android Well-Known Member

i'm having the same problem. pic is cystal clear and the contact picture is not. can't figure it out

4. serpentine009

serpentine009 Well-Known Member

Same prob here

5. serpentine009

serpentine009 Well-Known Member

I think it has something to do with the fact that you have to crop the pic before assigning it. I think the code makes a low-res thumbnail for the contact and then blows that image up to display for incoming calls rather than using the higher res original. That would be my guess.

6. Kyreba

Kyreba Active Member

Did you crop the picture when you saved it as the contact? Maybe it's looking pixelated from too much zoom?

I have a couple of pics that are like that a little but they were taken with my old phone's camera & that was only a 2mp I think. But I'm living with it until I take some new pics.

7. Kyreba

Kyreba Active Member

Looks like we are thinking alike & you type faster ;)

8. elrabin

elrabin Well-Known Member

I had this problem. The issue is that Google Contacts are 96x96 pixels and the Caller ID contact pictures are 256x256.

You unfortunately have to turn off Google Contact Sync or during the sync process, the contact pictures stored at 96x96 pixels overwrite your lovely big 256x256 pixel ones.

So, when someone calls or you call them, you're seeing a 96x96 pixel image blown up to 256x256 which obviously looks like crap.

What i had to do was disable Google Contact Sync under account settings and replace the contact images with the big 256x256 pixel ones.

I also opened a ticket on the android feedback site so hopefully Google makes the Google Contact image size 256x256 to match.

9. AlexNC

AlexNC Well-Known Member

Everyone should do this. It is obviously a oversite/limitation of Google Gmail contacts. Hopefully they fix it soon.

Go >HERE< to star the idea/make a comment.

10. KGBWOLF

Interesting....

11. bezerk19

bezerk19 Well-Known Member

yes, i have the exact same problem and it is Google contact sync. You can verify by first changing the contact picture to the good quality you want..try it out by adding the people's widget, you will see the contacts as you want them. Now click on Google sync, and of course your contacts will look like crap again. I had the exact problem with my HTC Eris so its not an Incredible issue.