• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Contact Pictures with DL30... etc.

greenmunky

Android Enthusiast
Nov 7, 2009
To start with, I'm running stock DL30 coming from DJ05... non-essential stock apps frozen with Titanium, running LP+ with Touchwiz still active in background.
I've linked all my contacts to their respective Facebook profiles and I see the correct contact pictures in my phone book, but when I call one of them or they call me they still have the blank silhouette pop up. How can I get their contact pictures to show up everywhere?
Also, from time to time when I try turning on my WiFi connection while at home it will say "turning on" but remain grey and inactive... then the only way to disable it and turn it back on again is after a reboot. Anyone else have this problem? I've noticed it mostly when a web page is loading and I try to turn WiFi on while the page is in the midst of loading. Any thoughts or anyone experiencing a similar problem? Once my phone reboots my wifi will turn on immediately.

As far as the contacts pictures go. I had that issue when I flashed my eris over to Froyo. I dont know if yours is the same issue, but I used an app called foto unlocker that allows your phone to use facebook pictures. I dont remeber the details why it wasnt working, but that app fixed it up. you can try it.

I'm trying it and it just says "the contacts database seems to be busy. Please try again later" when I hit check. :mad:

Upvote 0
I'm trying it and it just says "the contacts database seems to be busy. Please try again later" when I hit check. :mad:

It might take several tries...It sometimes will do that. If it says that it found locked contacts then you might have found your issue.

Keep trying to "check" it. It once took me about 5 minutes of doing it....

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones