• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Contact Pictures

wynd2012

Lurker
Oct 18, 2010
After having my Samsung Fascinate for 9 short days, I already had to return it for a new phone due to problems...one being my contacts pictures becoming blurry whenever I had an incoming call (as well as freezing, my screen going blank, and the phone constantly staying in landscape view). After I synced everything in the Verizon store, everything was fine, and my contact pictures (which was synced from facebook) were no longer blurry. However, two hours after leaving Verizon, my contact pictures grew blurry again.

Does anyone have this problem or know how to fix this problem? It's driving me crazy!

After having my Samsung Fascinate for 9 short days, I already had to return it for a new phone due to problems...one being my contacts pictures becoming blurry whenever I had an incoming call (as well as freezing, my screen going blank, and the phone constantly staying in landscape view). After I synced everything in the Verizon store, everything was fine, and my contact pictures (which was synced from facebook) were no longer blurry. However, two hours after leaving Verizon, my contact pictures grew blurry again.

Does anyone have this problem or know how to fix this problem? It's driving me crazy!

This is not a problem with the phone, this is actually a problem with Google, the way the contacts are being sync'd. There are several threads on Google about this problem. The only way to get your pictures to display properly is by doing the following (hopefully you don't have too many contacts)

Make sure you google contact doesn't have a picture associated with it.
Create a new "PHONE" contact, only use the name as the contact from your google account (say google account name is Billy Bob, then your phone contact should also be Billy Bob)

In your phone contact add a picture (from your phone) which is of high quality picture (not pixelated)
This phone is smart enough to link both accounts since the names match, but if it doesn't then go into your contacts and then click on the link account, then select the Phone contact.

Now when google syncs you won't have that problem because your picture is associated with a phone contact and not google.

Please note that when you hard reset your phone you will have to do this again.

Hope that helps, thats what i've done even with my Incredible days.

Upvote 0
This is not a problem with the phone, this is actually a problem with Google, the way the contacts are being sync'd. There are several threads on Google about this problem. The only way to get your pictures to display properly is by doing the following (hopefully you don't have too many contacts)

Make sure you google contact doesn't have a picture associated with it.
Create a new "PHONE" contact, only use the name as the contact from your google account (say google account name is Billy Bob, then your phone contact should also be Billy Bob)

In your phone contact add a picture (from your phone) which is of high quality picture (not pixelated)
This phone is smart enough to link both accounts since the names match, but if it doesn't then go into your contacts and then click on the link account, then select the Phone contact.

Now when google syncs you won't have that problem because your picture is associated with a phone contact and not google.

Please note that when you hard reset your phone you will have to do this again.

Hope that helps, thats what i've done even with my Incredible days.

Yeah, I've done this this a few of my contacts, but it can get pretty annoying having to save everyone's pictures into my phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones