Contact ProblemSupport

Last Updated:

1. xlogan31x

xlogan31x Member This Topic's Starter

So here is my problem, if anyone can give me a step-by-step that would be awesome.

I had the first Motorola Droid. I had alll of my contacts backed up on google. It broke so I had to switch to my Voyager until I got my Droid X. So I backed up all of my contacts on Backup Assistant for my voyager. When I got my Droid X all of my contacts were backed up on both the Backup Assistant and my Google account. Now when I setup my Droid X it backed up both. So I have two linked accounts for my contacts. I have tried several times to just have my Backup Assistant display my contacts and not sync my Google contacts. Even though I have only chosen my Backup Assistant contacts as being on my phone it still says that both contact groups are linked. I wouldn't really care but whenever I try and text it shows all of my contacts twice.

Please tell me what to do so that only one of my contact lists is shown in my contacts and in text messaging.

Any help would be awesome!

Thanks,
    Logan

Advertisement
  2. jgreen0227

jgreen0227 Well-Known Member

Same thing happened to me when I got my X. You have to go into each contact and unlink and then rename to what you want. When in a contact, hit the menu button and hit unlink...just pick the one at the very top to unlink. Then when you go back out to all contacts, you can rename if it doesn't look right.....I know, a pain.

3. xlogan31x

Any other way to fix this besides manually?

4. xlogan31x

Bump.