Contact questionTips

Last Updated:

1. zardoz

zardoz Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Is there a way to specify certain contacts in Gmail, perhaps by group, where they don't sync to your phone? I'd swear I had it set up to where it wouldn't, but I noticed the other day I had a bunch of random contact on my phone. . .

Advertisement
  2. julie2928

julie2928 Member

I would love to know this too, the way gmail saves everyone you ever emailed in your life is great and all, but I don't need them all on my phone - too much clutter!

3. Jedii

Jedii Well-Known Member

Go to contacts, display options, then select/de select what ya want to show :)

4. zardoz

zardoz Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Where is that? I don't see an option labeled Display Options.

Evo: In Contacts, I hit Menu and see four options: View, Delete, Import/Export & Company Directory. Under View I have these 4 checkboxes:

Only Contacts with Phone Numbers? (unchecked)
    Google? (checked)
    Show auto Gmail contacts (unchecked)
    Phone (checked)

. . but still seeing all the random people I've ever replied to in Gmail.

5. RestivoBC

RestivoBC Well-Known Member

Don't know if you're Froyo or not, however under Menu > View, I have an extra option that says 'Show auto Gmail contacts'. That option displays all the addresses I've sent emails to, as you are saying. There is also an option at the top the says 'Only contacts with phone numbers', that should work for you as well.

6. Thebusiness1906

Thebusiness1906 New Member

Well I did that, but still when I click on mail and hit compose and type an address that I know shows up as history on the side it still shows up. There should be a way to delete the history of email addresses that have been sent.