Contact Shortcuts On Home Screen?Support

Last Updated: 2012-09-01 06:02:16
  1. Kasé Zomé

Kasé Zomé Member

Hey folks!

Would someone please chime in and teach me how to add shortcuts to contacts on a home screen?

It was a feature that I loved on my G2x and I can't for the life of me figure out how to do it on the S3!

Thanks in advance!

Advertisement
  2. damewolf13

damewolf13 live~laugh~love VIP Member

Well I don't have an S3, but on my Samsung Note, you longpress the screen that you want them on, and then you will see the choices pop up at the bottom of the screen(apps, widgets, folders) choose folders, and then scroll to contacts, and then press on the contacts folder. That should put it on your screen. All that is left is to move it to the part of the screen where you want it.
    I hope that helps.
  3. matttye

matttye Well-Known Member

Its ever so slightly different on the S3.

Long press on a blank area of the home screen and tap "add to home screen" on the menu that comes up. Then click on "apps." Then tap on "Widgets" at the top of the screen. Scroll through the pages of widgets until you find the contact/direct dial/direct message widgets, long press on them and drag and drop it on your home screen.
    Catanya9 and Kasé Zomé like this.
  4. Kasé Zomé

Kasé Zomé Member

Thanks but I don't think it works the way I'm thinking of. Here's how it looks like on my G2x:

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5326/7418363866_0ae0a68b9a_c.jpg
  5. Kasé Zomé

Kasé Zomé Member

Mahalos matttye!
  6. Catanya9

Catanya9 New Member

Matttye -

Thank you for the instructions on how to add a direct dial contact shortcut to the homepage on a Samsung Galaxy S III! I have been trying to figure this out for days (not sure what that says about me) and I was bummed out thinking it was not possible. I have searched the internet high and low and you are the only person I found who correctly described how to do it. THANK YOU.
  7. arkangeluk

arkangeluk Well-Known Member

just open app drawer then widgets then long press contacts and itll let you pick then contact

ric
  8. Brian2071

Brian2071 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info...I've been trying to figure it out for awhile. Now that I have the contact picture on the homepage it shows the persons name under the photo but also has the label "mobile" that takes up the bottom portion of the picture so you can't see the whole photo. Is there any way to remove that label?