Contact Sync help please ...

Last Updated:

1. Jetlag320

Jetlag320 New Member

New user here ..... I've tried searching the threads and FAQs for the issue I'm having, but so far no luck. Thanks in advance for bearing with me and any useful replies ...

I have one G-mail account. When I first got my droid, the contacts all synched over to the phone easily.

When I add a new contact on the Droid, it's not coming over to my G-mail contact list, but it IS on my phone. I do have Auto-sync checked ON for this account. I thought the two lists would automatically sync up ?

Thanks again .... this is probably an easy one but my old brain cannot solve it.

2. cajunman4life

cajunman4life Well-Known Member

I too would be curious as to the answer. I have an HTC Hero (Sprint) and added a contact on the phone, and it has remained a "Phone" contact. I couldn't seem to find a way to get it to sync to Google. Probably very easy and I missed it...

3. howtodo?

howtodo? Member

I had snyced my google account first and my contacts stored in the stock homescreen contacts once I synced FB thats when they got screwed up. Now after removing n readding with out snycin either or I just add my contacts to the phone contacts shortcut,and added that folder to my home screen. Its definetly a gmail fb snyc glitch those bastetssssss.....

4. JimmyInAthens

JimmyInAthens New Member

i had the same problem. When I got my phone verizon put all my contacts on my droid. Then I put my google email on my droid. never would sync. Turns out you have to put your google email account on first, then your contacts. Works fine now. So save your contacts to your card, hard reset, put your google email account on, then your contacts.

5. JimmyInAthens

JimmyInAthens New Member

I forgot, it might work just taking your contacts off without a hard reset. My phone was only a few days old so the hard reset did not bother me