Contact syncing problem

Last Updated:

1. vmcbarney

vmcbarney New Member This Topic's Starter

Jan 26, 2010

I first got a Hero a few months ago, and spent days manually typing in all my contacts from my old Nokia 6300. When my Hero got nicked last week, I decided I couldn't be arsed to do the same for the replacement so started looking for shortcuts.

I managed to upload all my nokia contacts onto my pc as a .csv file, then uploaded this to gmail. When I synced my from gmail to the Hero, I had millions of email addresses that I don't want on my phone - all I really want is phone numbers for the minute. I factory reset the phone and opened a new gmail account, uploading only my phone contacts to the account and then downloading these to the Hero. The problem i've now got is that all these contacts show up as people, but not in my phone registry. In short, I can't call anyone! When I open a contact, it appears to have saved the phone number under 'general notes'... Anyway I can sort this?

Thanks in advance for any help...

2. thisnameistaken

thisnameistaken Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2010
    I'm not sure of the exact nature of this issue (I haven't imported contacts into gMail) but did you simply remove all the data between the contact's name and telephone number?

With the format being CSV, I would assume you'd need to include blank fields for all the data you're not submitting, to ensure that your phone numbers end up in the right columns.