Contact syncing with Facebook question?Support

Last Updated:

1. vr6dubbin

vr6dubbin Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have been syncing my contacts with my facebook account and it has worked pretty well but I ran into a problem.. what can I do when a few contacts just don't sync? I have tried matching the first and last names for automatic syncing, and I have tried manually joining the contacts together but they don't show up in the suggested contacts list anymore...

The reason I say "anymore" is because they were synced at one point.. but there were duplicate contacts so I deleted the duplicates and the sync dissappeared.. what can I do to get these contacts to sync again? Has anyone else run into this?

Advertisement
  2. JC27

JC27 New Member

I've been experiencing the same problem. I even tried to re-set the way my facebook syncs to my contacts but nothing seems to work. I considered downloading the Facebook Widget but read the reviews and they all said that you can't get notifications with it.

Anyone know how to fix this issue?

3. vr6dubbin

Okay so I found a fix for this.. not sure if anyone else has already done this, but I will post what I did.

I opened the Facebook app (stock one) and hit the menu button to go to the app's Home screen. Then I hit the menu button again and went into Settings. Scrolled down to find the "Sync Contacts" option and went into these options. There were 3 choices here: Sync All, Sync with Existing Contacts, and Remove Facebook data. I chose Remove Facebook data, and proceeded to hit OK and go back to the Droid home screen. Went into Contacts and as assumed, all facebook pictures and info was removed. (Your phone will get kind of sluggish while it un-syncs, don't worry).

After all this I did the above steps again, but this time I selected the option for Sync with Existing Contacts. Went back to the Droid home screen and then back into my Contacts, and voila! All of my contacts were re-synced. Even the ones that I could not get to sync before. I did have to manually sync a couple contacts by using the "Join" option, but this gave me no problems and I now have synced everyone who could be synced.

Hopefully this helps some others :)

4. JC27

JC27 New Member

thanks, vr6dubbs! your post was a big help! it did sync many of my FB contacts but I still had to go in and manually do the rest. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

5. vr6dubbin

No problem man. Glad I was able to help someone!