• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Contact syncing

Xpire

Lurker
Oct 21, 2009
Hi guys :)

I just got Android today (It's awesome!), and I linked it to my Google account and the contacts instantly synced. Just had a few questions...

1. If I delete the contacts on my phone, would the contacts be deleted on my Google account also? And also in the opposite way as well?

2. If there's a conflict(two different sets of contacts on my Google account and a completely different set on Android), will it notify me of a conflict or something and allow me to merge?

3. Can I minimize in Android? I've just come off using Windows Mobile and I found the minimize function really handy, I hope this is in Android...

Thanks for the help in advance!

1) yes
2) now that you've synced once it seems difficult to imaging how this would arise. You can merge contacts using Google on the web, but not using the device. The only problem Google contacts has in when two contacts have the same email address - otherwise it would just list them separately
3)I'm afraid not... your options are "back" or "homepage"

Upvote 0
Considering becoming a newbie Droid with Moto/V's announcement, and wondering if there is a desktop sync capability anywhere? Companionlink seems able to take it from my current desktop program (Palm) but afterwards, it's all 'in the cloud'. I've always felt that I wanted desktop sync, even before the fiasco last week for T1'rs, since I'm in biz and need access to docs, etc. even without internet access if I can't get it.

Do I just have to suck it up and live with the cloud alone? Sorry if this is obvious stuff, haven't played with Google docs or anything yet.

Upvote 0
Hi guys :)
3. Can I minimize in Android? I've just come off using Windows Mobile and I found the minimize function really handy, I hope this is in Android...

Thanks for the help in advance!

Hold down the Home button and a list of recently used Apps appears. If something was running in the background, the app will still be active. Either way, you can select recent apps without going back to home screen.

Upvote 0
great tip :D:D

BTW.....is it possible to close some app, and how......spec for browser

thx in advance
;);)

Search in the market for "Task Manager" There are plenty of Free ones there to pick from. I've used "Task Killer free" and am currently using "Free Advanced Task Manager"

You can use them to pick and chose which programs you want to end or you can just to a end all to close all applications.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones