Contacts added with recent calls, but not saving to PeopleGeneral

Last Updated:

1. MirrorriM

MirrorriM Member This Topic's Starter

I recently switched gmail accounts. I was able to reconfigure the stock mail app fine. The gmail app took some persuasion but eventually cooperated. The only problem is now all my contacts that were saved in my old gmail acct need to be transferred to my new one. Not a big deal (only have 10 because I lost my phone, reason why I have an Eris).

However, my brother called. Since I lost him from my contacts, I used the recent calls window to add him. Hit Save. If I go to People, he isnt there. Retried it 3 times.

I figure I can just readd him through gmail on my PC and sync it, but that's inconvenient and I wanna know: why isnt this working?

Advertisement
  2. jkmasi

jkmasi Well-Known Member

When you are in the People app, click Menu, view (the eye). You probably need to put a check next to People and/or Google to show all contacts.

3. MirrorriM

MirrorriM Member This Topic's Starter

Nope, it only shows 1 phone contact. None of my gmail contacts. Both Google and Phone are checked.

I also imported all my contacts from my old gmail acct to the new one. I went to data synchronization in Eris, unchecked and rechecked contacts, and it looked like it started to synchronize. However, nothing in People changed.

Edit: Fixed it somehow. Not sure what exactly did it, but I resync'ed it a few times, went to People and resync'd under Groups, messed around and then suddenly one moment the contacts were there.