• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Contacts and applications lost after a "faulty?" shutdown

Hyrljudet

Lurker
Feb 28, 2011
Today my HTC desire behaved rather odd. It had 13% battery left and as always it tells you this really important imformation. It then dropped to 0% and then entered shutting down process. It did this for i would say 5-10 minutes and then it really did shut of. probably because it had eaten all the battery in its attempt to shut down or whatever it wanted to do.

After this when i connected it to the usb cable to my laptop to charge it and i started it up i got like the "welcome lets setup your htc desire" screen and it seemed like it had been reseted.

All contacts are gone. all apps that were on the sd are gone and lots of apps are forced into shutdown when started. All sms are there. background image aswell. Email config is still the same and also all pictures on the sdcard. I really dont get what has happened to it and ofcourse it was a while since i backed up the phone so i really dont want to format the card and lose all info.

Has anybody run into this problem before and in that case how did you solve it?

/Kristoffer

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones