Contacts and BirthdaysSupport

Last Updated:

1. BCM

BCM Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hello:

I am really enjoying my Eris and getting used to the android OS. I have had and issue with setting birth dates in the contact manager. I'll set a date with the spin wheels then save it. After the save it shows the birth date one day after the actual date. Is anyone else getting this problem or have a fix?

I also noticed that the Eris wasn't pulling the birth dates down that were set in my Google contacts.

So far that has been my only issue in an otherwise great smart phone experience.

Bryan

Advertisement
  2. Bryan, I'm having a very similar issue to yours... In "People", there are no birthdays and anniversaries listed even though they are set in my Gmail contacts and show up properly when I log into Gmail via the web.

The second half of the issue I'm seeing is... using the small HTC calendar widget, items from my calendar that is synced are showing one day ahead of when they should be showing. For example, its telling me tomorrow is my sisters birthday, when its actually Thursday (the 12th).

The non-HTC calendar widget properly tells me that my sisters birthday is Nov 12th. So its clearly some issue with the HTC Sense stuff...

The OTHER weird thing I just noticed is, if I use the large HTC calendar widget, the one that fills a full screen and shows the current month with little triangles in the corner of the days that have an event... On THAT calendar, the 12th and the 14th have triangles alerting me that there are events on those days, and when I click on the 12th it tells me its my sisters birthday... but when I click on the event inside the 12th... it then tells me its Nov 11th, instead.

Weird!
    ~Aryq~

3. hookedMD

hookedMD Active Member

I have run in to the same problems with birthdays not importing from gmail contacts. I found a temporary fix by adding the option for contact's birthdays to appear in google calendars and then syncing my calendar on the phone.

Birthdays show up on the calendar app although they still do not show up under people.

On your Google Calendar page, click 'settings'-> 'browse interesting calendars' -> 'more' -> and then subscribe to 'contacts birthdays and events'

4. BCM

I have been playing around more with trying to fix the date being displayed. It seems to display fine until the year of birth is 1944 or earlier (my mom and dad were born in the 30's). If I try to enter the actual year it pushes the day ahead one digit. It sounds like a bug to me.

Bryan

5. BCM

Called HTC today about the birth date issue. Apparently it is a know issue and hopefully it will be fixed with the next update.