Contacts and Calendar Mess

Last Updated:

1. jshort313

jshort313 Member This Topic's Starter

I thought I understood that there was no capability to sync with Outlook via the USB cable so I imported all my contacts and my calendar to gmail and that worked fairly well. Except for contact updates being a pain.

The I discovered HTC Sync and installed that. The result was duplicate calendar entries and some, but not all, contact duplicates on the phone.

I deleted the duplicate contacts and re-sync'd so it removed those contacts from Outlook. Luckily I had just backed up my PST file so I was able to get them back.

Can anyone tell me how to delete all contacts and calender entries from the phone so I can try again.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Jim

Advertisement
  2. JamesWise

JamesWise Member

I think this is a good question and being very new to Android, I would like to know the answer to this myself. However, I think it would be better to post this in another forum here (perhaps the one for your specific phone model).

3. jshort313

jshort313 Member This Topic's Starter

Good point. I thought I was.

4. BiGMERF

BiGMERF Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum, glad to have ya aboard !

5. bigdroid

bigdroid Well-Known Member

Welcome to Android Forums!! :)
    Go to Applications / Manage Applications, make sure via Settings / Filters that you're showing all the sys apps too.
    Then edit settings for the 'Contact Storage' app and 'Clear Data'.
    That will clear all the contacts

6. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

Welcome to the AF forums and enjoy your visits !! :cool:

7. ejkeebler

ejkeebler Well-Known Member

this does not work for my calendar or contacts, i am having similar problems i unchecked all my google account settings and added my google mail as exchange and had duplicates of all calendar entries, so I unchecked contacts and calender for exchange and unchecked mail, contacts and calendar for google, cleared data under ever calendar section and every contact/people section and when I go in there, they are all still there and the calendar is still duplicate....ugh, if i remove the exchange account completely i only have 1 entry in the calendar, but still I have no calender syncing setup, any ideas what i am missing here????