Contacts and Calendar - The best approach?

Last Updated:

1. hero_101

hero_101 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi, I have this triplication problem;

1. I have a Google Apps account with my contacts/calendar etc
    2. I have my work exchange account
    3. I have Outlook 2007 standalone on my home laptop to access gmail etc

I have always used WM devices in the past and kept the work exchange and home outlook in sync using the device.

So when I got this, I synced outlook and exchange, got a copy of the PST and uploaded it into my google account.

Set up google and exchange, and installed htc sync on the laptop and synced phone, now I have 3 sets of addresses and 2 sets of calenders with the same thing. How best to sort this!

If I am at work I would add things etc to my exchange, and at home to outlook stand alone, is there an app that syncs the 3 together please!

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. rioja

rioja Guest

3. hero_101

Thanks Rioja,

I saw that earlier on, but it doesn't fix my issue, sorry i wasn't clear in my earlier post.

Basically I want to have all three, but synced, so say if at work I add a contact, it appears on my Google and my phone -- which I sync to outlook and vice versa on all three. That way wherever I work I only need to enter the information once. Is there an app for it?

Thanks

4. rioja

rioja Guest

Hmmm... I don't know of any app that will do it.

Some options might be Missing Sync Keep your life in sync with The Missing Sync for Android from Mark/Space although it's not free. I use to use it with my BB because I'm on a Mac and there was (at the time) no Desktop Manager available from RIM for Mac.

[EDIT]
    Looks like MissingSync has an accompanying Android app http://www.androlib.com/android.application.com-markspace-missingsync-xwDq.aspx

Another one is Google Desktop Sync for Calendar Google Sync services. It's free and works well, I've used it. However, it sync 1-way or both ways so you'll end-up with calendar entries all in Google or all in Outlook when you sync the Hero. In other words, you'll be syncing from one source, which isn't a bad thing.

For Contacts, you'd need another tool like this WebGear.co.nz | GO Contact Sync - synchronize your contacts between Microsoft Outlook and Google Mail

Hope that helps.

5. hero_101

Wow thanks a million, going to read through all this and see how it can be planned! Does that contact thing work with google aps?
    Thanks a lot!
    Merry Xmas