contacts and other questionsSupport

Last Updated:

1. pukingbuzzard

pukingbuzzard New Member This Topic's Starter

Jul 12, 2010
    Hey guys, just upgraded from my sidekick slide to my galaxy S! right now listening to pandroa, browsing apps, and checking email ALL from my phone! never thought id see the day.

OK but on to my real question. CONTACTS!

first. i switched my sim card but there was no way to save the numbers onto my sim via sidekick so i can see them on my old sidekick but cant transfer them. this is fine im doing it manually. The problem im running into is linking accounts, should i just put all my numbers in in conjunction with the peoples facebook or just put them in as new contacts? if i put them in under facebook and i dont have internet access or if something happens to facebook will it screw up my numbers? If i delete facebook and stop using all facebook apps later on will that cause issues?

If anyone DOES know how to transfer the numbers from my sidekick to the galaxy please post up on how to, i tried doing it through the tmobile website hub but with no avail.

also, what is the difference with the home pages and the app pages? should i put just some stuff on the home page, or put all the apps there and not use that app page thing? used to using my girlfriends iphone and didnt have all these options, need others to tell me what to do!

thanks all!

2. Sibben

Sibben Member

Jul 8, 2010
    It will work even without internet access. It'll just use whatever the contacts looked like when you last synced. You can also decide how often you want it to sync.

Personally I use gmail as main contact container and then I link in facebook-profiles for the ones I want. You can also create contacts called just "Phone" and link facebook and/or gmail contacts to that. Think those can be edited from Kies but I prefer to have them on gmail instead.

With Android it's pretty much up to you how you want to do it. Forge your adventure, sort of. ;)