Contacts and People IconsSupport

Last Updated:

1. Droid1215

Droid1215 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Is there a way to limit who I see when I click on the people icon? For example on my BB I could set the filter to personal and not have to look thru the 200 plus business contacts I have.

Advertisement
  2. lgldrgdlr

lgldrgdlr Well-Known Member

you can setup groups. click your people widget and move the slider along the bottom

3. chris61292

chris61292 Well-Known Member

i wish you could group your facebook contacts as well =\

4. lgldrgdlr

lgldrgdlr Well-Known Member

i'm not having the issue that, i guess, a lot of people are with their facebook contacts. my main contact list only has my phone/gmail contacts in it. similar to what i said above, i move the slider at the bottom to "online directories", hit facebook and that's where all my facebook contacts are.

5. dswatson83

dswatson83 Member

Any way to have a shortcut to a group? I'm not a fan of the widget. I wish there was a better way to navigate contacts faster. To get to w, I have to scroll through my contacts or search, but when I search i'm searching through every contact on the phone/gmail/facebook so it takes longer. I just want to press a letter and be done. Like Icontact for windows mobile

6. drksmiller

drksmiller Member

With your contacts open just tap on the magnifying glass (lower right corner of phone) which brings up the keyboard and you can tap your letter:D:)

7. dak244

dak244 Well-Known Member

As he mentioned though, the problem with this is that includes the aggregated list of contacts from facebook and gmail beyond just my address book. I want to be able to search JUST the address book (not Gmail's 'suggested contact's as well. Is this possible, or is there maybe a recommended app for this?

8. sunthas

sunthas Well-Known Member

You can also set it to just show you people with phone numbers.

Contacts have given me quite a bit of grief as with all the integration with google, which is very useful, without a cleaned up contacts in GMAIL you end up with a mess on your phone. So I reset everything after cleaning up my gmail contacts and resynced. Now I have tons of great contacts listed all properly combined without having to use the crazy LINK feature in the phone. Which actually made things more complicated instead of easier.

9. dswatson83

dswatson83 Member

You can set your contacts to only display ones with numbers and filter out facebook, but when you do a search, it combines all your numbers again with facebook/gmail. I just want to navigate through my contacts easier. But I downloaded 'quickdial' which is an awesome app for quick shortcuts to people. I just didn't like the Group Widget, and I even tried making a folder of my favorites but It just wasn't that nice. Still would like a quicker way of navigating through 'people'

10. Iam918

Iam918 Well-Known Member

I've been looking for something like this as well. Want to break 'em down by groups and only show the ones in that group upon opening w/o having to go thru several dif. menus. such as one for people one for businesses.

figured someone would have made an app to manipulate the people/contact list by now.

11. jbass350z

jbass350z Well-Known Member

I am looking for something like this too.