Contacts Back up - Driving me nuts!!

Last Updated:

1. adybaby

adybaby Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

When I first had my desire the contacts seemed to back up to googlemail fine, something has happened (dont know what) and my contacts on googlemail have reduced to 42 (was 127)

I am trying get all my contacts from phone backed up to googlemail (or just my PC) dont mind which one. Would be happy to have them on my PC somewehre.

I am imp/exp to SD etc etc but it keeps asking me for a vCard, which I do but where is that vCard stored, and how do I get my contacts to my PC either via the Vcard or via sync - I have tried syncing but the numbers stay the same..??..??

Surely it should be easier than this - all I want to do is get my numbers backed up for saftey.

Advertisement
  2. joll200x

joll200x Member

you can go into HTC people / people -> press menu -> export to SD card. Then select which account to export and it will backup all your files to a vcf file on your SD card. Then you can take the card out and copy it off, or use something like EStrong or Astro to copy it elsewhere.

3. adybaby

adybaby Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for reply - I seem to have lost a lot of the numbers now, I havent deleted anything just imported/exported to and from everything I could purely in frustration!! So I hope my numbers are somewhere?? The numbers that are still in the phone have duplicated - getting p,,,d off now...