• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

contacts backed up to googe acct?

resa2012

Aug 28, 2012
Louisiana
I have a google account associated with my pantech burst and with my old samsung transform.... sometimes when i log into facebook the first thing it asks is if i want to sync my facebook friends etc. welll sometimes i do and it puts my facebook friends on my phone .....however i'm not sure how my old contacts (not associated with facebook) that i keep deleting are periodically reappearing in my contacts.... now 4 months ago sprint had me back my contact info up on my samsung transform to my google account (was doing troubleshooting) so question is how do i check whats backed up to the google account and how do i delete things that are there and keep it from syncing to my phone? again as i say on all my threads i have no knowledge about technology therefore i do not know how anything works :( so if your willing to help me please explain in great detail how i can go about this issue thanks in advance :) :eek:

i have an sd card as well i forgot to mention this...its the same sd card i was using on the samsung transform when the contact data was backed up and i cant remember if the representative backed it up to my sd card or my google account. i do have the es file explorer but still haven't figured out how to use it exactly..... but thought i'd throw this info in there too v

Upvote 0
now 4 months ago sprint had me back my contact info up on my samsung transform to my google account (was doing troubleshooting) so question is how do i check whats backed up to the google account and how do i delete things that are there and keep it from syncing to my phone?
Turn off syncing from the phone. If you can access google contacts from a computer it may be a good place to start. Look thru the contacts and delete those you do not want. Once that is done, turn syncing on again.

What I've found out, since I'm fairly new with android also, is the best way to save contacts is is choose the googlel contacts and not the phone or sim card. They sync better and you can access them from any device or computer.

I hope this helps.

Reactions: Crashdamage
Upvote 0
i have an sd card as well i forgot to mention this...its the same sd card i was using on the samsung transform when the contact data was backed up and i cant remember if the representative backed it up to my sd card or my google account. i do have the es file explorer but still haven't figured out how to use it exactly..... but thought i'd throw this info in there too v
What bout this?

Upvote 0
If the contacts were backed up you should probably find out which app backed them up, because if it was Google they will be saved on your Gmail under Contacts...

Otherwise you could always try a restore app, if you already used one, you should use that same app to restore those contacts.
whats a restore app....and i haven't specifically downloaded any apps to do any sync for me at all...... and i looked at my gmail contacts and none of my phone contacts are there.....i'm also lookin for help under different topics if you would pls check out my other threads... specifically the one about upgrading to ics for my phone thanks :):eek:

Upvote 0
I just started using Clickfree to backup & restore my data, which include photos, bookmarks, contacts etc. You get the chance to choose what to backup. It also let you choose where to backup the info, such as Dropbox, Google Drive, or it show This Device meaning the phone. I'm not sure if it means the internal memory or an ext. sdcard

It won't hurt to download it and check it out.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/...ult#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDMsImNvbS5jbGlja2ZyZWUiXQ..

If your contacts are not showing in gmail, then when you save contacts on the phone, you probably not saving them in Google format. When you choose to save a new contact, you should get options where to 'save contact to'.

Hope this helps.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/...t#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDMsImNvbS5jbGlja2ZyZWUiXQ..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones