1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Contacts backup and restore

Last Updated:

1. jeenuv

jeenuv Member This Topic's Starter

I recently lost my phone contacts, but luckily I had them backed up with WaveSecure. But when I restored them, all went under "Google" rather than "Phone". Later I tried to export to SD card and import back (using Mobile Backup II app), and that too went under "Google". I couldn't get either WS or the backup app to restore contacts under "Phone", nor could I move "Google" contacts to "Phone". Any thoughts?

Thanks
    JEenu

Advertisement
  2. rainor94

rainor94 Well-Known Member

Were your contacts not backed up on your Google account?

3. jeenuv

No. My Google contacts is already cluttered with duplicate names, obsolete phone numbers etc. I didn't want to bring that clutter to my phone.

4. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

What I did was go into my Google contacts on my PC, got rid of all duplicates, merged a few contacts and made a clean and good contact list that I can now use whenever I restore the phone to defaults. I think this will be your best option.

5. jeenuv

Yup, I know it's an option and am planning to unclutter my Google contacts at the earliest. But what I'm miffed about is that all restoration apps puts it under Google. Or could it be that the apps are at no fault and Android API's only expose the "Google" category by default, and only manual entries go under "Phone". I don't know!