• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Contacts Disappeared!?

line6ix

Apr 8, 2010
I had most of my contacts in groups (Family, Friends, VIP, Co-Workers) and some in the ALL section. When adding a contact sometimes, the phone seemed to be a little buggy and finicky when deciding whether it actually wanted to classify the contact in the group i assigned it to or just leave it on that first set of "ALL". So i went through and unassigned all grouped contacts from any group, thinking they'd just sit in the ALL section. (I'm talking about the stock People app on the phone, btw) So anyway, they're not there. They're just gone from the People app all-together. All the info and pictures are still present in my call history and when i select one of them, the contact still exists and i can add them back into any of the groups, but not just have them show up in the ALL section. Any body experienced this or have any tips at all? Thanks

...i went through and unassigned all grouped contacts from any group, thinking they'd just sit in the ALL section. (I'm talking about the stock People app on the phone, btw) So anyway, they're not there. They're just gone from the People app all-together. All the info and pictures are still present in my call history and when i select one of them, the contact still exists and i can add them back into any of the groups, but not just have them show up in the ALL section. Any body experienced this or have any tips at all? Thanks
Have you ever exported them to your card? I find that every time I restore my contacts from the card after wiping and flashing a new ROM, they all go to the general list and group assignments completely disappear. I thought it was a bug, but perhaps it's a feature since it sounds like this is exactly what you were trying to accomplish ;). (Mine are phone contacts, not Gmail contacts though - if you're syncing to Google, I don't know if it would work the same way.)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones