Contacts DisappearingSupport

Last Updated:

1. louballs

louballs Member This Topic's Starter

Hi,

I just received cupcake on the 1st and never did any mods to my phone before hand. However, all my favorites are now missing from my contacts and certain people just disappeared off of my phone. Why is this happening?? How can i prevent it?? Thanks!

Lou

Advertisement
  2. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

Recommend using backup app named MyBackup Pro, Will backup apps and all data, settings, contacts, sms, mms, etc...

I lost all my contacts during OTA ... and that sync'd with my GMail account and deleted all my contacts from GMail ... Luckily I restored my contacts from a backup on the phone ....

I would also recommend that you export all your contacts from your GMail account to protect them from inadvertent deletion by a sync gone awry ...

3. louballs

louballs Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks, i just downloaded it and am backing up now. I think my phone tried to sync my gmail contacts with my phone, even though i have it unchecked.

4. jasnicmom

jasnicmom New Member

I just got my phone and I was deleting call history and my contact list got deleted and replaced with my gmail contacts. How do I prevent this from happening? I have my contacts on an old phone so they can be replaced at verizon. Also how do I deleted one single call log???