Contacts Display OrderSupport

Last Updated:

1. Ironrod

Ironrod New Member This Topic's Starter

My dad just got a Fascinate over the weekend. (I have the Captivate). When he enters a new contact, it displays Firstname, Lastname. All of his contacts are displayed that way. On the Fascinate, how do you change the display order to Lastname, Firstname? I know how to do it on my Captivate..can't find the option on the Fascinate.

Advertisement
  2. saps

saps Well-Known Member

Hmmm, good question I just fiddled and could not find anything. How do you do it on the cousin device, the Captivate? Maybe there is something we can learn and transfer

3. Ironrod

Ironrod New Member This Topic's Starter

On the Captivate, you go to Contacts then the Menu -> More -> Settings -> Order of display name

On the Fascinate, when you go to Contacts then the Menu -> More -> Settings, the Order of display name isn't listed as an option (at least this is according to my Dad who has this phone).

I'm hoping that there is a solution to this, otherwise the ugly workaround is to put the last name in the firstname field and the first name in the last name field. I think most people would rather have their contacts displayed in alphabetical order by last name.

4. saps

saps Well-Known Member

Yeah you and your dad are right its not in there as an option