• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

contacts dont load in messaging

mssvickii

Lurker
Aug 18, 2010
i cant load any contacts while trying to send a text (i can but it takes FOREVER!!!like over a minute or 2) say im trying to text "tammie" i will type in "t" and it will load everyone and their mothers names that have a "t" anywhere in their name, then take a minute or 2 to FINALLY find "tammie"...and half the time i find "tammie" it will close out as soon as i tap the name.. even if i go into people/contacts, and try to send a text that way it takes forever their info to load to get into message them. the fastest way is to scroll through all of my old text messages and hopefully i have text that person before..any ideas whats going on?
i cleared my web history, cookies ect..tried deleting photos and videos, and deleted all of my old texts, thinking i was somehow short on memory, even though i have a ton left...

I've had the same problem since I updated my Eris last week to 2.1. AND I have the 50% bug too. Big Red is sending me a refurb replacement... We'll see how that goes. From hearing what numerous other people have to say, I'm still in for a POS replacement. Bummer because I like the 2.1 features, but hate my phone now. It worked jsut fine for me before the update...

If anyone find a way to fix this please let me know. I don't like Chomp or Handcent (I know most people will think I'm crazy), but the stock messaging app works just fine for me...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones