Contacts dont sync to gmailGeneral

Last Updated:

1. surf4u2

surf4u2 Member This Topic's Starter

I have my gmail account synced to my phone, and i get emails. However i cant sync my contacts. Ill uncheck then check the sync contacts button and it sycs, however the contacts dont come up on my gmail account online?
    any help? thanks

Advertisement
  2. copestag

copestag Well-Known Member

open a contact and see if they are "people" contacts or "google" contacts

if they are people contacts then from main contacts window click on menu>export to sd card then delete all your contacts then click on menu>import contacts and import them as google contacts then sync to gmail

3. surf4u2

ok. ill try that thanks. But can i know for sure the my contacts were successfully exported to my sd card? and that im not just going to lose them

4. LED

LED Well-Known Member

I think it exports them as a CSV file. Take that file, and open it using excel to make sure all your stuff is there.

5. surf4u2

where are contacts on the sd card. Im trying to access them through my computer to open it in excel but i cant find them

6. LED

LED Well-Known Member

The contacts are at the root (top level) of your sdcard (not in a folder). It is actually a vcf (vcard) file. You'll want to view that in a text editor, rather than excel.